Thursday, January 24, 2008

Google Books

One of my authors has been working with Google to get his book information into their system. This would be another avenue for visibility into your book and I highly recommend listing your book in this service. To my knowledge there is no fee to do this and it is basically where someone can learn more about your book. The listing will be very similar to Amazon.com's Search Inside feature. They then have buying options on this Google page where customers can go to Amazon.com to purchase the book.

It looks from the FAQ section that you need to have PDF files of the book so those of you who used our Express option will have no problem working with this program. If you used our help to create the files then you will need to send me an email and I can get you the low-res proof so that you can use it for this purpose.

See this link: http://books.google.com/support/

Here is his email:

John,
I have placed my book on Google books. You requested that I send you information about this program. The program is called "Google Books Partner Program" (beta) Now that it's live, I need to fine tune the parameters.

I am trying to narrow the keywords and category, which are a major factor in successful search criteria. Since I am unknown, I need to drive buyers to my book via those filters.

You can see that the links for sales are readily available. Here is the result of the basic Google layout. The process takes about two weeks from sign-up to a live link. Basically, it's a do-it-yourself process with a fairly straightforward user interface.
http://books.google.com/books?q=lou+rera&as_brr=3

Here is Lou's book on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/There-are-no-doors-cocoon/dp/1605305936/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201189846&sr=1-1

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory