Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Publicity for a Book Signing



It is difficult to overstate how important creating publicity for your book signing is to the success of a signing. This author makes a concentrated effort through passing out pamphelets, posters, etc. and he sees very good results. In the first image you will notice his book is right below a display in front of a bookstore in a mall under a Harry Potter advertisement. I honestly would not have believed he could have gotten that prime a location if he had not sent me the pictures. This level of success does not happen everyday, but it is possible to succeed with a book or any product - you just have to create the demand!


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was emailed to me by the designer as a suggestion to help in the distribution of flyers.

To increase distribution of the flyers for our book signing event, I contacted our state's head librarian for the public libraries. Because all of the libraries have inter-system book returns, I was able to make and distribute hundreds of flyers at little or no cost! Instead of using color ink, I used colorful paper to save on production cost of the flyers. Then I batched them up in groups of 10, applied a sticker indicating which libraries I wanted to receive them and dropped them off at one library. My local public library then further distributed the flyers to the rest of the public libraries along with books and other media being returned by library patrons. Make sure you get permission from the librarian before doing this in case your public library system doesn't offer this service.

Christine

Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory