Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another way to get people to a signing


Placing posters where you plan to have the event such as the one above can be a great way to start to build interest in your book signing. The designer that made this poster is Mia and if you want to get some posters made by her for your event you can contact her via the following email address, mp7982@yahoo.com. This author has done well with his book by pre-publicizing at events and making sure that each reading and signing is indeed an event.

In his words, "So far it has been Trial and little error.we knew our market before we published and planned out the strategy long before we had our copies. That is why i was biting my nails to get my baby..I have a good team we all know our jobs and I think that is the secret...(my agent writes letters, makes phone calls etc.) my tour mgr who is doing all the leg work (he was a first Sgt 20 year man in military knows how to give orders and hustles) i will send you copies of our posters we use, I have a graphic artist who is amazing . so all i have to do is direct (like a Lt does) and sign books.....prior to a book signing my people go in set up and I come in about 20 minutes later.. Some Posters will Read A NEW STORM IS HITTING NEW ENGLAND..etc.....we put these up 3 or 4 days prior.....Then press sees it gives us a free ad. I sorta play Zorro the mystery man"

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory